The M1101 Cargo trailer is designed to be fully compatible with and towed behind the military High Mobility Multi-Purpose Wheeled Vehicle, (HMMWV). The trailer has the same width, ground clearance and wheel track as the HMMWV. Because of it’s light weight, only 1460 lbs, it is easily towed behind any truck or SUV. Learn how from our blog, complete with details, pictures, and instructional video. The military M1101 trailer is the toughest off-road trailer on the planet for many reason. It’s the perfect off-road trailer for so many applications; adventure, expedition, overland, backcountry, world traveler, tradesman, cargo hauler, toy hauler, or just a simple weekender.
M1101 NSN 2330-01-387-5443
When buying a used trailer from us, choose the price and condition that meets your needs. For example, not all trailers come standard with 37″ military run-flat tires or have functional surge brakes. You can order online and we can provide pictures of the exact trailer before shipping. All trailers are sold as-is, where-is without warranty or title. Trailers are located in Winters, CA. Price doesn’t not include, but we can help arrange shipping or loading. Trailer includes lunette, chains, CARC Paint, and landing gear but does not include bows, canvas or a hard/soft top.
- Used – Used trailer in operational condition with visible wear and tear. Standard lunette ring for towing, but surge brake is not operational. Standard steel rims and street tires (not 37″ run-flats).
- Slightly Used – Used trailer in good, operational, functional condition. Small dents and dings but no major damage. Standard 37″ run-flat tires and bead-lock rims in used condition. Minor wear to trailer body.
- Nearly New – Used trailer in great condition. Standard 37″ run-flat tires and bead-lock rims in good to great condition. Minor wear to trailer body.
- Refurbished – Used trailer in great condition, fully functional, your choice of paint or Line-X to trailer body. Standard 37″ run-flat tires and bead-lock rims in good to great condition.
- New – Brand new from factory with factory warranty
When you purchase an M1101 from us, we include a number of free upgrades:
- Free 2″ raised pintle hook hitch (3″)
- Free 24v to 12v conversion
- Free 7 PIN trailer wiring conversion
- Free LED taillights
- Free technical manual
Why buy from Expedition Supply?
We specialize in M1101 custom conversion, building the M1101 trailer of your dreams. For example, we frequently paint match the trailer to match the truck that is pulling it. Contact us with detailed specifications and we’ll provide free recommendations and estimates for your custom M1101.
Sometimes you’ll find the M1101 trailers at auction. They used to be plentiful in the early 2000’s, but they are getting harder to find even at government auctions. You’ll be hard pressed to find a private party selling one because owners know they are worth their weight in gold. Anyone who owns one doesn’t want to get rid of such a tough and useful trailer that will outlast their lifetime. If you buy an M1101 trailer somewhere else, such as at government auction, you’re taking a risk, you don’t know the condition, you’ll pay a lot of money to transport it, and waste time trying to make it look and function as it should. Expect to pay $3100 or more for the trailer, transportation will cost $1500+ depending on destination, don’t forget parts, painting and your time. You’ll be well over our cost if you did it yourself.
Difference between the M1101 & M1102
The first question you’ll have to answer is, do I buy an M1101 or M1102? They are the same. There is no physical difference between the M1101 and the M1102 models, other than the data plate. The two model numbers are used to regulate the Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), based solely on the vehicle towing the trailer.
When the GVW does not exceed 3,400 pounds (1542 kg) the M1101 cargo trailer can be towed by a HMMWV M998/M1038 series prime mover. Both the M1101 and the M1102 trailer models can be towed by a HMMWV M1097/M1114 series in accordance with the identification plate. Due to the numerous model differences, for military use operators must refer to TM 9-2330-392-14&P to determine towing authorization for the M1101 and M1102 for the specific set of circumstances. Read more on the difference between the M1101 and M1102 trailers.
There are no reviews yet.